Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

I May Not Be Skinny, But I Do Love Donuts

One of the worst things we do is criticize ourselves.

We see the people around us and automatically compare. Judging ourselves because our clothes are from Walmart, our hair isn't beautifully long and shiny, and our make up just always has to smudge.
I can honestly say that I do this to myself so much. As I have sobbed in Walmart with my arms clutching make up (which I have no idea how to even put on, Let's be honest) and my sweet husband trying to comfort me and explain that I don't need make up to look pretty, and that beautiful girl that I saw isn't someone I should compare myself to because... well guys..... we are all different! There is not a single person you can compare yourself to, because there is no duplicate of you, and you know.. I think that's pretty dang cool!

 Maybe I can't be cute and petite and have perfect make up and hair, because I am tall, and work in a fast paced job where my hair is up and my "make up" consists of chap stick and sunblock. That is who I am. I work at an animal rescue, where you're having a fantastic day if you get home and you're not covered in pee and bite marks. I have seen too many girls feel bad about their clothes or their look. I know it may be hard to see know ladies, but you guys are all amazing. Everyone is unique, and different. How boring would it be if we all looked exactly the same? We wouldn't be able to express ourselves and be DIFFERENT!

Look in the mirror. Who do you see? 



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Tamra, you really need to get to know me! I never wear make-up, I wear my hair as I please, and I dress for comfort. Unfortunately, I classify as a "Walmart" person, and I really don't care! I am also pretty tall, and it's kind of fun to be able to reach things for others in the store, yet I do wish that there were more clothes that were long enough.
    You keep working at being YOU! No matter what anyone, including media, says, you are the only one who will be the best Tamera Roberts. No one else can do it. Live your life in a way that makes you happy, brings you closer to God, and everything else will fall in place the way it should.
    You are important. Bry picked YOU over every other female he ever met! So be the best YOU for him.

    ReplyDelete